Monday, June 14, 2010

Butternut Squash and Orecchiette

Butternut squash, what a funny looking vegetable... haha.  This was my first time cooking with a butternut squash and it wasn't so bad!  It just took me a while to peel off the outer layer.  Next time I think I'll tackle the spaghetti squash and see where it takes me. 
 Well I had some leftover orecchiette from last's weeks post so the ingredients were easy to gather.  The recipe is courtesy of Whole Foods, mine and Dave's food sanctuary.   I used some arugula instead of celery leaves but other than that everything was very simple. 

2 comments:

Nene said...

Hmm...i've never used butternut squash. Looks pretty good though. Next time I'm at the store, I might just pick one up and try this out. Also, I like the revamped blog!

U+Me=Us said...

Looks like a yummy dish, i love butternut squash but mostly in the winter. You should try splitting it in half lengthwise spreading a little EVOO and and butter on the insides then a little honey and cinnamon, bake it until its tender then slice and serve...mmmmm its divine!