Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sushi


I love love love sushi.  So why not make it myself?  Looks legit right?!  The process wasn't actually that bad and it was fun too!  My shopping list consisted of: sushi grade tuna and salmon from Citarella in NYC and other ingredients like nori (seaweed wrap), sriracha (Asian hot red chili sauce), avocado, carrot, cucumber, wasabi powder, sushi rice, and seasoned rice vinegar.

As a team, Dave and I made 3 rolls: spicy tuna roll, philadelphia roll, and salmon and tuna roll.  For the philadelphia roll, we rolled it "inside out" which made the rice the outside layer instead of the nori.

Isn't the display plate so pretty? Dave got that for me from Hawaii; it's handcarved and matches the sushi theme so nicely!

4 comments:

Nene said...

Wow...that looks pretty profesh! That sushi-making kit is working out nicely. Good job guys.

U+Me=Us said...

I would love to dive into that plate right now. I miss sushi. The plate is very pretty too, good pick Dave. What was your overall opinion of making sushi at home? Will you do it again?

U+Me=Us said...

I'm making pregnant friendly sushi TONIGHT! I've been craving it for way to long now.

Dr. David Thompson said...

You never posted the branzini post...did I send you those pictures?